NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING. WINNING A PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON COMPLYING WITH THE OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES AND FULFILLING ALL CONDITIONS TO WIN, WHICH ARE FULLY DESCRIBED HEREIN.
GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK.
WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO WINNER NOTIFICATION AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) ACCORDING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CONSTITUTE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT. READ ALL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
1. Eligibility: Participation open to those residing within the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“DC”) who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in the U.S. jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, except employees of TaxAct, and its parent company, Blucora, Inc, its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Giveaway, their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. Void outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion Description: The TaxAct Camellia Bowl Ticket Giveaway (“Camellia Bowl Giveaway”) and Texas Bowl Ticket Giveaway (“Texas Bowl Giveaway”) (collectively, referred to as the “Giveaway”) sponsored by TaxAct, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins at:
Camellia Bowl Giveaway begins at 12:00:00 AM (ET) on December 10, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on December 22, 2021(the “Giveaway Period”). Eligible entrants for the Camellia Bowl have a chance to win up to two of the one hundred (100) available tickets.
Texas Bowl Giveaway Giveaway Period begins at 12:00:00 AM (ET) on December 13, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on December 17, 2021. TaxAct reserves the right to extend the dates for the Giveaway Period. Eligible entrants for the Texas Bowl Giveaway have a chance to win up to two of the two hundred (200) available tickets.
3. Limit on Entries & How to Enter: Limit one (1) entry for the Camellia Bowl Giveaway and one (1) entry for the Texas Bowl Giveaway over course of the Giveaway Period per person or household address. Entries over these limits are void. All entries are Sponsor’s property. During the Giveaway Period, eligible entrants for the Camellia Bowl Giveaway and Texas Bowl Giveaway must either follow TaxAct on Instagram or like TaxAct’s page on Facebook.
Eligible entrants may enter the Camellia Bowl Giveaway via Instagram by doing each of the following: (i) liking TaxAct’s Instagram Post (as defined below); (ii) tagging a friend in the comments; and (iii) following TaxAct on Instagram. For purposes of these Official Giveaway Rules, the term TaxAct’s Instagram Post is limited to the following: “🏈 Game-time competition! Win 2 free tickets to the TaxAct Camellia Bowl. WHEN: Dec. 25 at 1:30 p.m. CST. WHERE: Montgomery, Alabama. HOW TO ENTER: 1) Like this post, 2) tag a friend in the comments, AND 3) follow us. We have 100 tickets altogether and will hold drawings daily until they’re gone. So, get in early for more chances to win. See all the competition details by following the link in our bio.”
Eligible entrants may enter the Texas Bowl Giveaway via Instagram by doing each of the following: (i) liking TaxAct’s Instagram Post (as defined below); (ii) tagging a friend in the comments; and (iii) following TaxAct on Instagram. For purposes of these Official Giveaway Rules, the term TaxAct’s Instagram Post is limited to the following: “🔥🔥🔥 Another hot ticket giveaway coming in fast. Win 2 free tickets to the TaxAct Texas Bowl. WHEN: Jan. 4 at 8:00 p.m. CST. WHERE: Houston, Texas. HOW TO ENTER: 1) Like this post, 2) tag a friend in the comments, AND 3) follow us. Like our previous competition, we have 200 tickets altogether and will hold drawings daily until they’re gone. So, get in early for more chances to win. See all the competition details by following the link in our bio.”
Eligible entrants may enter the Camellia Bowl Giveaway via Facebook by doing each of the following: (i) liking TaxAct’s Facebook Post (as defined below); and (ii) tagging a friend in the comments. For purposes of these Official Giveaway Rules, the term TaxAct’s Instagram Post is limited to the following: “🏈 Game-time competition! Win 2 free tickets to the TaxAct Camellia Bowl on Dec. 25 at 1:30 p.m. CST in Montgomery, Alabama. TO ENTER Like this page 👍 Like this post 👍 Tag a friend in the comments 👇 We have 100 tickets altogether and will hold drawings daily until they’re gone. So, get in early for more chances to win. See all the competition details here: LINK.”
Eligible entrants may enter the Texas Bowl Giveaway via Facebook by doing each of the following: (i) liking TaxAct’s Facebook Page; (ii) liking TaxAct’s Facebook Post (as defined below); and (ii) tagging a friend in the comments. For purposes of these Official Giveaway Rules, the term TaxAct’s Instagram Post is limited to the following: “🚨🚨🚨 Here’s another awesome football ticket giveaway. This time, 2 free tickets to the TaxAct Texas Bowl on Jan. 4 at 8:00 p.m. CST in Houston, Texas. TO ENTER Like this page 👍 Like this post 👍 Tag a friend in the comments 👇 Like our previous competition, we have 200 tickets altogether and will hold drawings daily until they’re gone. So, get in early for more chances to win. See all the competition details here: LINK”
4. Random Giveway Drawing / Prizes / Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) / Odds: On or about December 10, 2021 for the Camellia Bowl Giveaway and December 13, 2021 for the Texas Bowl Giveaway, at least one random Giveaway drawing will be conducted daily by Sponsor from among all valid, eligible entries received over the course of the Giveaway Period. TaxAct reserves the right to conduct more than one random Giveaway drawing each day. Through the random Giveaway drawings, TaxAct plans to give away a total of one hundred (100) tickets to the Camellia Bowl and a total of two hundred (200) tickets to the Texas Bowl. All decisions of Sponsor and/or administrator shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning the prize depends upon when you enter the Giveaway and the total number of eligible entries received over the course of the Givaway Period. Each Giveaway consists exclusively of either: (i) up to free two (2) tickets to the TaxAct Camellia Bowl occurring at 1:30 pm CT in Montogmery, Alabama on December 25, 2021; or (ii) up to free two (2) tickets to the TaxAct Texas Bowl occurring at 8:00 pm CT in Houston, Texas on January 4, 2022. Each winner will be responsible for their travel and lodging for the bowl games. If applicable, each Giveaway winner may receive a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Giveaway.
5. Potential Winner Notification: Potential prize winners will be notified within twenty-four (24) hours of the random drawing via email by a representative of the Sponsor. In response to the prize notification email, the potential winner must send a reply email with his/her/their name, complete mailing address and email address in order to claim the prize. Potential prize winners will be required to sign an Affidavait of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (“Prize Claim Documents”) (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor as part of the prize claim process. All such documents must be signed and returned within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as provided for in these Official Rules. Any potential prize winner is subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. In the event that any potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within three (3) days of the first notification attempt and return his/her executed Prize Claim Documents within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of any prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable for any reason will result in disqualification.
6. Conditions of Participation & Certain Restrictions: The participant is solely responsible for entering the Giveaway between December 10, 2021 and December 22, 2021 for the Camellia Bowl Giveaway and December 13, 2021 and December 17, 2021 for the Texas Bowl Giveaway, as well as properly claiming a prize within five (5) days of Giveaway notification if selected as a Giveaway winner. Giveaway winners must agree to certain terms and conditions related to eligibility, release of liability, and Sponsor’s use of winner’s name and/or likeness for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) as part of the prize claim process. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Once a prize has been delivered to the winner via email from Sponsor, the prize is considered “awarded.” Taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash equivalents, prize substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release Sponsor and its parent company, Blucora, Inc., and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors, advertising and promotion agencies or social media platforms, such platforms include but are not limited to Facebook and Instagram, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Giveaway, any of the prizes awarded in the Giveaway and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of prize, and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Giveaway.
7. Contingency of Giveaway: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway and to award the available prizes via a random drawing from among all valid eligible entries received up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
8. Governing Law & Forum. These Official Rules shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to choice of law or conflict of law principles. Any suit or proceeding brought in connection with the Giveaway or any aspect of or participation in the Giveaway shall be brought in state court located in Dallas County or federal court located in Dallas, Texas. The parties to any such suit or proceeding shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waive any and all objections based on jurisdiction, venue, or inconvenient forum.
9. Entire Agreement. The Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between Sponsor and any and all Giveaway participants with respect to all aspects of the Giveaway. The Official Rules supersede and cancel any and all prior and contemporaneous negotiations, agreements, and understandings (oral and written) with respect to the Giveaway.
10. Confidentiality: For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at Privacy Notice Statement – TaxAct.
11. Winner’s List: To receive name and city / state of residence of winners of prizes valued at $25 or more, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to “TaxAct Camellia Bowl Ticket Giveaway and Texas Bowl Ticket Giveaway Winner’s List”, TaxAct, Inc., ATTN: Marketing, 3200 Olympus Blvd., Suite 100, Dallas, Texas 75019. All requests must be received by January 31, 2022.
12. Sponsor: TaxAct, Inc., 1425 60th NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402.